Become a Member
PCS is a membership-based organization that works in partnership with our communities to ensure effective conservation of biodiversity and natural resources. So that we truly hear and understand what communities need, we take our direction directly from the people. Our membership program provides Palauans with a voice at PCS. PCS also has an allotment program with local employers. Those individuals making a minimum donation by allotment are automatically members.
PCS members have a voice in the organization and enjoy benefits. Palauan citizen members have the right to become and vote for the Board of Directors during the Annual General Membership meeting held every year on June 14. June 14 is PCS’s Anniversary and is the Nation’s “Palau Conservation Day,” mandated in 2005 by then-President Tommy E. Remengesau Jr.
Our goal is for 2% of Palau’s population to be active members of PCS (400 people). Members may be individuals, families, or Corporate Partners for Conservation.
Benefits for Individual and Family Memberships
- Be a part of PCS’s mission to protect Palau’s environment
- Right to nominate candidates for the Board of Directors (on-island Palauan citizen members only)
- Right to stand for election for the Board of Directors (on-island Palauan citizen members only)
- Voting rights for the Board of Directors (on-island Palauan citizen members only)
- Quarterly newsletters
- Annual Report
- Invitation to the Annual General Membership Meeting
- Invitation to special events and outings
General Membership is open to the public, both nationally and internationally. There are currently four types of membership, each with their own requirements regarding eligibility and minimum contribution:
$5 – Student
$10 – Regular member
$25 – Family
$100 – Associate (Off-island members)
Own or manage a local business? Become a Corporate Partner for Conservation today!